Saturday, September 20, 2008

Busy day today

Had to get up early this morning, but I overslept and had to race over to the hospital for some blood work - yuk!
Came back home and started on a quilting project that I have had on the back burner for some time now (a mere 2 months). Our friend + photographer, Chris, purchased what she thought was a crib quilt and small pillow, but when she got it home and opened it up, it was a kind of a bed-in-a-bag thing 'cept for a crib. It contained a crib skirt, valances, a diaper holder, a fitted crib sheet, bumper pads and some other kind of trinket holder. So she asked me if I could take those things apart and make another quilt from them. I was intrigued by the challenge, and in a moment of weakness said yes. As soon as I got them home (oh, did I forget to mention that she purchased 2 sets? One for a boy and the other for a girl) I began to take apart the boys quilt (I always save the best stuff for last - I love the girly set)and there it sat until today. The fabric looks and feels like ultra suede. It feels really plush and I am quilting it as I sew it to the fitted sheet which I am using as the backing. I have recycled the batting from the bumper pads, so it's pretty lofty, but looks really comfortable. Chris plans on using it on the floor and photographing babies on it (yeah, I know, the kids will be in college before I get it done).


We went to the Lodi Station Outlet Mall today to get some clothes for the twins as all of their long sleeve shirts look like "belly shirts" and I don't want any of that! I love to shop at the Children's Place for their clothes because they wear like iron, but I didn't see much there that I liked. Still managed to do some damage though. Below are pictures of Haley and Emma in the clothes hamper . . . why do we bother getting them toys?

No comments: