Saturday, October 18, 2008

I'm back . . .


I got back from the longarm retreat late Thursday night. I had a blast and I got to meet Karen McTavish (the picture above is of feathers that she designed and had tatooed on her arms), Sue Patten, Jamie Wallen, DeLoa Jones, Jessica Brunnemer, and Jodi Robinson. I learned a lot and on Friday, I finished setting up my new Studio Table and Frame. Last night, my husband helped me place the carriage and head on the tracks. This morning, I was practicing what I'd learned. The big APQS machines at the retreat were not intimidating, but I was unfamiliar with how to operate them and had a little bit of trouble at first, but they are similar enough to my machine, even though I feel that my machine is more user friendly!

The picture below is of me and my partner in crime friend PJ. If we do something like this again, I am going to have to invest in some Depends - - we laughed, and laughed and had a great time!

1 comment:

Granny said...

You surely had an all-star line up of teachers. Sounds like a really fun time too!