Sunday, March 29, 2009
Saturday, March 28, 2009
Friday, March 27, 2009
I've been working on finishing up some loose ends . . .
- I finally finished the 28 Letter "P" blocks for an online alphabet block swap
- Finished both January BOM's
- Almost finished both February BOM's
- Got the March BOM's cut-out . . .
And on another note, I went to the Quilting & Sewing Expo yesterday at the I-X Center in Cleveland. I bought fabric too - another Sunday Stash Report gone bad . . .
One yard of an Olivia fabric that I hadn't seen before
Olivia Quilt Kit. Previously I purchased at Spring Quilt Market what I thought was a quilt kit, as the pattern was included in the bundle, only to find upon closer examination that it wasn't a kit afterall, it was fat quarters of fabrics from the collection. I was so bummed when I discovered this a year or two later :) Can you imagine my surprise when I found this kit yesterday? SCORE!
Sunday, March 22, 2009
Fabric added Year to Date: 26 yds
Fabric used this week: 1yard
Fabric used Year to Date: 46.250 yds
Net Used to Date: 20.250 yards
Oh, I am so ashamed, I went to a Mennonite Quilt Shop that was having an Annual Sale . . . the good news is, I am still on the plus side of Net Used though! Really though, I am proud of myself because I don't think I have ever gone close to a month without purchasing any fabric! The fabric I did purchase is slated for some specific projects. I didn't get any quilting done this week as I had a quilt on the frame that I finally finished. This week I plan on gettin busy . . . the needle will be smokin'
Monday, March 16, 2009
Sunday, March 15, 2009
Fabric added Year to Date: 16 yds
Fabric used this week: .250 yards
Fabric used Year to Date: 45.250 yds
Net Used to Date: 29.250 yards
Well, it's been another busy week and really didn't get any sewing done except for projects I've already accounted fabric for! I am accounting for a block that I finished last week but forgot to account for though! Next week will be different as there is some fabric I need to purchase to finish a couple of projects.
Monday, March 9, 2009
Sunday, March 8, 2009
Fabric added Year to Date: 16 yards
Fabric used this week: 11.125 yards
Fabric used Year to Date: 45 yards
Net Used to Date: 29 yards
WOW - my numbers are getting up there! I was in a LQS this past week AND also in a JoAnn Fabrics and did you notice that there was ZERO yardage added? I only bought a spool of thread that I needed for a machine quilting project!
I worked on two projects this past week, both of them from Judy Laquidara, the Bears in the Farmhouse (which I have tweaked just a little bit) and her Stash Project. For both projects I was tempted to purchase fabric, but forced myself to shop my stash. I am sure that they will turn out just fine. There are some pictures in the previous days posts if you are interested in looking . . .
Thursday, March 5, 2009
Wednesday, March 4, 2009
Tuesday, March 3, 2009
Monday, March 2, 2009
Sunday, March 1, 2009
It's been rather quiet this week, but I did manage to get the 192 half square triangles for Judy's Quilt-Along and Block 12 of Judy's Star BOM done! I've just realized that if it weren't for Judy
pushing my buttons inspiring me, my numbers would be very, very different! She is like Jiminy Cricket sitting on my shoulder every time I am tempted to purchase fabric for no particular reason and she's also sitting there motivating me late in the week to get something done so I have something positive to show on this report . . . Thanks Judy!