Monday, January 3, 2011

Design Wall Monday

Well, there isn't too much on my Design Wall as we just returned last night from holiday travel . . . we were in Groton, CT - Submarine Capital of the World!  There is laundry to be done and I have to unearth my Quilt Room as I buried it before we left.

So this is what's on the Design Wall: I found the pattern for this in the Feb/Mar 2011 issue of McCall's Quick Quilts. It's called Brilliant Sunset . . . a scrappy quilt made from some pretty vivid batiks.

Also on my Design Wall from Judy's UFO Challenge is No 6 - named Now + Later.  I am stuck though as I do not have any suitable backing or binding to complete this one, so a trip to the LQS is in order!

Check out what everyone else has on their Design Wall at JudyL's Patchwork Times!

5 comments:

Chris said...

Both are great quilts. Good luck on your backing quest :)

Julie in the Barn said...

Who'd a thunk there was a submarine capitol? I love what's on your wall but the 9 patch captures my heart.

Turtles In Northern Florida said...

welcome home!!! My sewing room WAS clean and now is a wreck again! Lol

Maggie A said...

I have a nine patch just just like yours in the making. Mine is Repo's from a swap I was in.......'nother to finish. Sigh.

Quilter Kathy said...

How about piecing a scrappy binding in similar fabrics? Hate for you to buy more fabric when you likely have lots!?!