Monday, May 28, 2012

2 Quilt Retreats + a Bonnie Hunter Class!


What a whirlwind the past two weeks have been!  It started off with our Guild Quilt Retreat.  I was too lazy to haul my machine, and I have been doing a bit of reorganizing in my Quilt Cave, so I decided to take a copy paper box chock full of scraps to cut into squares for future scrap quilts.  It was great to work on this project but I was a bit taken aback with how much time it took to untangle the mess of strips, starch and press them before I could even make the first cut!  As you can see by the picture below, I was able to get a good bit of them cut up though.  I had to leave the Retreat early on Sunday so Joanne and I could leave for Columbus for the Bonnie Hunter class.  We decided to go down the night before and stay at a seedy inexpensive motel, but that's a whole other story for another day!  The Smith Mountain Morning class was great, but a bit too many students for me.
Then, this past Saturday and Sunday, there was another Quilt Retreat, and I brought along my close personal friend, the copy paper box, still chock full of scraps waiting to be cut into blocks in half inch increments ranging from 1.5 inches to 5 inches.  Perhaps on another post I will show you how I store them . . . .

1 comment:

Sandie said...

I was part of that "Large" Smith Mountain Morning class too! My first class, and even though there were quite a few people there, I really enjoyed it... I traveled from Pa to take the class, and arrived to find I hadn't paid attention to my new shoes very well when I threw them on to leave. Got out of the car and looked at my untied shoes (wanted to be comfy for the ride!) only to find that the cashier at the sore hadn't done their job well at all.... They still had the anti theft device attached!!! And of course they were the only shoes I had for the trip, so there I was looking for a pair of shoes at 11pm! Bought a pair of Wally World flip flops just so I didn't look like a thief at class! Trying my hardest to tame my stash, but I'm beginning to think it's a losing battle! Keep up the good work!