Monday, March 16, 2009

There's been a quilt on the frame . . .


There's been a quilt on the frame for almost 2 weeks now . . . it's my first time with a pantograph and I don't think that I enlarged the pattern enough! The original panto arrived a few weeks ago and it's 4 inches in height. I began to stitch it out at that size, and it is way too small and intricate, so I ripped it all out and went to Staples to have it blown up - well, I went to 6 1/2 inches and I thought it was fine until I was a few rows into the quilt! It is taking me 1 bobbin and 30 minutes to stitch from left to right. At this rate, I will be done in April! I am on a mission now, as I finished the Stash Project top and I want to load that one so I can get it quilted for Emma's bed!

5 comments:

Brenda said...

That is looking really good. I think I need to learn to quilt.....

GARI said...

Always nice to know other's are suffering through growing pains with me. yours is looking good.

Nicole said...

Now that kind of quilting machine is what I need. I have been spending a fortune having my quilts quilted. I know I could handle an all over design!

VIRTUALWRITER said...

Excellent quilt design, good idea to start a quilt business here in Indonesia.

Shasta said...

That is pretty fabric - a pretty quilt - and a great idea to enlarge the quilt design.