Sunday, August 2, 2009

Week 31 - Stash Report


Well, didn't spend too much time at the machine this week, but I did take the time to tally up all the fabric I subcut while we were travelling during weeks 29 + 30. I subcut 5 inch WOF strips from my stash into squares from 1.5 inches to 5 inches in increments of one-half inch . It was the one thing I could take with me that was quilty related without my machine! Just the thought of taking my machine on the plane makes me shudder, so I packed a small mat (12 x 18), my rotary cutter and the 6 x 12 ruler and started cutting up all of the fabric I brought with me! It worked out really well too. There were ironing boards and irons in the rooms we stayed in and there was always a flat surface to cut on. The only problem was the evenings, the lighting was not that good, so next time I might bring my portable OTT Light, but I would carry that on!
Fabric added this week: 0 yards
Total added: 126.029 yards
Fabric used this week: 6 yards
Total used: 100.666 yards
Net: -25.363 yards

4 comments:

Sweet P said...

That's a great idea for traveling. Now you could start on a lot of projects.

Anonymous said...

I like the containers that you put everything in - the clear containers that you get at salad bars. And when you start working with them, you can flip open the tops and use that side as a working area.

Quilter Kathy said...

What an exciting photo! Love seeing all those pieces cut out and so neatly organized!

cloenoh said...

What a neat (meant both ways) to store the cut up scraps. i've been using plastic shoe boxes, but nothing fits well in them. thanks for sharing