Sunday, January 10, 2010

Week 2 - Stash Report



Well this weeks report is much more fun filled than last weeks "NO ACTIVITY"!  Last Sunday, one of my BFF's asked if I wanted to accompany her to a local Quilt Shop -- OK, that's a no brainer!  I was waiting at the curb before I'd even hung up the phone.  Since she is new to this Stash Report business, I practiced an extraordinary amount of restraint and only purchased 2 fat quarters to her double digit yardage . . . only to return to the said quilt shop later in the week, by myself, where I did the damage . . . but look at the photos, isn't that brown floral the cutest ever?  It's Moda's "Birdie" by Me and My Sister Designs - their fabrics always make me smile! 
The red and the white fabrics are only fat quarters to be combined with some of Mark Lipinski's black and white line.  I am contemplating a disappearing nine-patch quilt as they're fast, fun and easy to construct and I think they look great too!  Oh, I almost forgot, regarding the used yardage, I finished 2 BOM blocks and pulled stash fabric for our Guild's Quilt Retreat in February. So, without further ado, here is my report:

Fabric in this week: 9.25 yards

Total fabric in YTD: 9.25 yards

Fabric used this week: 11.5 yards
Total fabric used YTD: 11.5 yards

Net YTD: 2.25 yards

Be sure to check out how everyone else is doing with their Stash Reports at JudyL's blog Patchwork Times!

4 comments:

Scrappy-Quilter said...

not too bad of a report, the outs overcame the ins ... lovely fabrics

Mary-Kay said...

So you went by yourself to the quilt shop. Hmmm...... Didn't you want your friend to know how much fabric you were getting?

Tamera said...

Well, not too bad. You're still in the black. :-)

Amy said...

How funny! Sounds like something I would do. I do agree. The "Birdie" fabric is cute. I think most of the lines are and hard to resist.