Monday, February 21, 2011

Design Wall Monday

Two weeks ago I was busy on the longarm with customer quilts (and there are still 2 waiting in the wings).  

This past week, I was busy with knitting. Back in November I think, JudyL was doing a knit along and I desperately wanted to learn to knit. I want some knitted socks because my sister bought a pair for me for Christmas 2 years ago and I love them! I cannot get them washed and dried fast enough!

So this is what is on my Design Wall today, one cuff to my socks, and on my cutting mat are the pieces for a Mystery Quilt for the Guild Quilt Retreat this coming weekend, and on the wall are the same blocks that were there at the beginning of the month . . .

As you can probably tell, I have been in a funk for the past few weeks. I really want to get cracking on my UFOs for the 2011 UFO Challenge and now I'm in a panic as one of the two challenges I am in has already drawn the number for the March UFO . . . and I haven't even finished the 2 for February yet - I have got to get crackin'!

Check out what everyone else is up to at JudyL's Patchwork Times!

7 comments:

swooze said...

You can do it!!

I gasped when I was reading about UFO #10 on several blogs. Thought to myself, oh yeah I have to do that one don't I????

AnnieO said...

Getting started is the hardest part! Just tell yourself you'll only spend 15 minutes on each UFO and then you can knit :)

Anonymous said...

Really beautiful quilts! Socks are my second love.............yours look great.

Turtles In Northern Florida said...

I really envy you on the socks. I learned to knit so I could make socks and for the life of me I cant get it! Been knitting the same sock for like 8 years.Lol.....

Susan said...

what sock pattern did you use? I was thinking about knitting socks for Christmas (2011 or 2012, or 2013)

Marti said...

I'd like to learn to knit too. I think. Love the quilt on your wall. It looks like argyle socks. ;)

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Sounds like you need some chocolate LOL. The colors for your socks are very pretty.