Thursday, February 3, 2011

Retreat Finishes!

This is one of the projects I took on Retreat with me.  I did not like the multi colored sashings with the border print I chose, so I set about ripping them all off and replacing them with one solid color.    Then I decided to add the same color border before adding the final floral border, but it looked muddy.  So I had to go shopping for another color border to make it pop - I think I found it . . .
I only have to add the top and bottom border, but I like it, I only wish I had made the orange border a bit narrower . . . I think that's why I am hesitating on adding the top and bottom border as I am contemplating ripping it off and trimming it down a bit . . . now the next thing I am about to agonize over is what am I going to use to bind it . . . I don't have enough of the orange, but I do have plenty of the green, but I think I am leaning towards using the floral border fabric . . . .

2 comments:

Ruthie said...

I rather liked the multi color sashing, but I LOVE the green sashing. Great job!

Lori said...

don't rip it off--make a bigger seam with the orange side! Less work. The green lets the blocks stand out.