Wednesday, March 1, 2017

UFO Challenge - February 2017

I've put off this post all day because I'm ashamed, I feel like a slacker . . . only finished one of the 3 UFO's.  I finished Fast Forward: 
I did make progress on the other two though!  I quilted and sewed the binding on the Alphabet Quilt, but was unable to hand stitch the binding to the back.
 
On the third quilt, the Half Square Triangle Challenge, I did manage to get the top finished.  I plan to get it quilted and bound before the end of March.
 
I spent a lot of time in February sorting fabric by color and getting it organized in the IKEA Towers.
I also spent a lot of time going though the huge tub of scraps, ironing and starching the scraps so they could be cut into various sized squares ranging from 1.5 to 6 inches.  I've made quite a dent in the tub and was able to downsize to a much smaller box!
Hope your February was a little more productive than mine. Check out what everyone else finished in February at Judy L's Patchwork Times.  

5 comments:

AnnieO said...

Hmm, I can't think of your efforts as less than progress! Love your scrappy quilts. Congratulations on all the fabric taming hours.

Joanne said...

You were still very productive and have no reason to be ashamed. I need to be like you and spend some time organizing. The towers look awesome and it must feel really good to have tamed some of those scraps. I love the Fast Forward and Half Square Triangle quilt.

Joanne said...

Heck, I can't even get a blog post written, so you are leaps and bounds ahead of me. :-)

Vireya said...

You finished one, made progress on two more, AND organised stuff. How is that not good?

Congratulations on all you achieved!

Katie said...

If that's the definition of slacker, we're going to have to come up with some new word for what I am...I finished one quilt (that was already a top) this month, but you with progress on three and all the sorting and scrap management? NOT slacking!