Monday, September 8, 2008

Postage Stamp Swap


I have been busy today choosing and preparing fabrics for the Postage Stamp Swap. I participated in this swap a few months ago and now it's time for another. A swap set consists of 50 different fabrics cut into 1 1/2 inch squares.

I have to make 25 sets of these 50 different fabrics. Thank goodness I kept a record of the 50 fabrics I sent in for the first swap, as I do not want to duplicate any. It's really been time consuming - I had forgotten how time consuming this was: choose the fabric, press it, sometimes starch it, and cut it up into those tiny little pieces. I started early this morning, and I'm only a little more than half way there . . .

Thank goodness for the June Tailor Shape Cut Plus! I love, love, love to use this tool to sub cut the strips into the 1 1/2 inch squares. It really is a time saver! The one I use is the Plus, it's only available in quilt shops - it is larger (12 x 18) than the Shape Cut (12 x 12) you would find in Wal-Mart or JoAnn's.

2 comments:

Sabrina said...

I don't know how the hell you can find the time to do all that! Your work is so beautiful!! When I'm up there in October to meet our newest family member I'd love to talk to you about buying a quilt from you....

Sweet P said...

What a great way to keep track of what you've sent in for the swap. Did you share this with the group yet? You should if you haven't.