Thursday, September 30, 2010

I am still cleaning/condensing . . .

 


 I have enjoyed my clean quilt room for almost 2 weeks now . . . but now I am fine tuning the cleaning.  I threw things in the baskets in the IKEA Towers to create flat surfaces that weren't piled high with stuff that hadn't been put away and now I am going through the baskets one-by-one cleaning and condensing!  It's going great so far and I have even got some empty and nearly empty baskets - SCORE!

I also have been trying to organize the UFO's and my future projects by placing them in these containers that I've been getting one-by-one from Wal-Mart.  I was reading on Stash Manicure today a post by Terry that she has 8 containers similar to mine and she currently is limiting herself to only working on projects in those 8 containers.  As a project is completed, she can refill the container with another UFO or perhaps a "new" project.  Well I think this is a great idea, and I think I am going to try to adhere to it!

What started this recent cleaning stint is the quilt I have on my design wall is missing a block. I have all but the background fabric to complete it, so I figured by going through everything, maybe, just maybe, I might get lucky and find a few pieces of the missing WOW background fabric!  It's a white-on-white fabric that appears to be ferns. It looks like someone ran over the ferns with a lawnmower and it spit them out on the fabric . . . clear as mud?  Well, I have got to get back to cleaning/condensing! 

No comments: