Monday, November 8, 2010

Design Wall Monday

 









Well, I have been busy this past week on a couple of customer quilts, but I still found  made some time to work on some of my many ongoing projects!  First pictured is my progress on JudyL's Connect the Dots.  I completed Step 1 in record time and then when Step 2 was posted, I had to go backwards as those darned 36 half square triangles were a bit too small, so I had to make them all over again.  Now I will have to find another project where I can use the 36 that didn't fit . . . anywhooooo, I am now working on the last step, step 3!  I have been toying with the setting a bit, the picture on the left is how Judy made hers, but I felt I wanted to go the opposite way with that Irish Chain block . . . I am still undecided, but am leaning towards Judy's way!

I finished a few more blocks on the Wedding Rings Quilt too!

And I also have the 3 borders cut out for Judy's other quilt, the June 2010 Mystery.

Check out what everyone else has on their Design Wall at Judy L's Patchwork Times!

7 comments:

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

I like them both. I like how the dark jumps out. Very nice
glen

Denise :) said...

Love your circles of color! Both are very nice! :)

Chris said...

The circles are so fun. I love them.

scraphappy said...

I like both settings, but unless there is a reason not to, I usually go with the original design. The circles are just beautiful.

Diane said...

love your quilt projects-alot!

Barb in Mi said...

Both projects look great! Love the colors of the circle/ wedding quilt!

Maya Madhavan said...

Love both the quilts! That may be the only kind of wedding rings quilt I'll ever make! :)