Saturday, September 17, 2011

New Friends

Well, as if the bats weren't enough, now we have mice.  About a week ago I saw one in the garage, and since I will not be able to unpack all of the crap stuff in there in this lifetime, I wasn't too worried until last night!  I thought I saw something from the corner of my eye, turned and saw a mouse run from the laundry room straight into my quilt room.  First thing this morning I was at the store buying mouse traps.  I keep waiting to hear the unmistakable "snap", but it hasn't happened yet.  I baited the traps with peanut butter, a tiny piece of a Hershey's bar and then some more peanut butter on top of that.  I hope they like that more than my quilt fabric and batting.

2 comments:

Gari in AL said...

When I was in college I tried cookie dough but they just took it and didn't spring the trap. Next I used chewing gum....worked GREAT!

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

Ewwww, a mouse!!! You might want to put a couple more traps out, as my own experience has been that if there's one mouse spotted, chances are there are more hiding. Good luck on getting them before they get to your quilt fabric and batting.