Monday, January 23, 2012

Design Wall Monday

On my Design Wall is a One Block Wonder project from last year, or perhaps the year before, oh heck, it was from April of 2008 - are you smug now?  What is even more sad is that there are still the same number of blocks on the wall.  If I can cut up the rest of the fabric, perhaps this could be a retreat project for this weekend, but first I have got to locate the fabric . . .

Alright, while searching for the OBW fabric, I came across some additional blocks that I've already made a top from.  The top is ready to be quilted, but needs backing.  So I am going to make a scrappy pieced back from the leftover border fabric and leftover sashing fabric and the unused blocks!

Still searching for the OBW blocks and have now realized that I do not know where the book is either - found another completed top and some yardage that may work for the backing!

Well, I am giving up on the remaining fabric + the book.  Guess I'll work on these additional UFOs since I've got all of the pieces/parts for them.  Check out what others have on their Design Walls at Patchwork Times!

4 comments:

Quilty Conscience said...

Love the one block wonder. I'm even worse than you...I bought some fabric (two different ones) whose express purpose was do to a one block wonder. And they still sit in the stash! I know you will finish yours soon!

Gari in AL said...

This post sounded so much like me. I have at least 2 UFOs that old, or older, that I think about working on and while I am thinking I become distracted by something else. I guess it's the nature of this craft. ;-)

Mary said...

Your post made me smile. In the top of my closet I have some older than 2008 projects, too. It's nice to know I'm in good company.

Diane said...

your Obw blocks are great-I hope you find your book and fabric and can work on it at some point soon!