Sunday, July 27, 2008

Ice Cream - it's what's for breakfast . . .


Yes, I had ice cream for breakfast, with Hershey's chocolate sauce, nuts, jimmies and several maraschino cherries. Would have had a chopped up banana in there too, but the kids ate them all! Of course I had to hide in my sewing room to eat this, which made it taste even better :))

On another note, I finished another BOM that I am so far behind on, I may never catch up to everyone else in my guild! I finished Block 6 and Block 9 is due at the August 9th meeting. As I have been working on my "fallen behind" projects this past week, I was taking the bits that I trimmed from flying geese and making pinwheels from them. You can see them to the left of the star-flower block I just made, aren't they cute? They are 1 3/4 inch blocks. I've been constructing them as leaders and enders, so it's painless! My friend Carolyn saves these triangles for me too, so I have quite a few of them. Carolyn is making bowtie blocks for a quilt and she is saving the triangles from those blocks. As she trims the blocks, she places the triangles in one of those Kleenex boutique boxes and when it's full, she brings them over! Anybody have any ideas of what I can do with these pinwheels? I am sure that they will be all different sizes, so that's going to be a challenge. I found a picture on a blog that I like, but it wouldn't use all that I plan to make . . .

1 comment:

Sweet P said...

I've eaten dessert before my lunch or dinner. I've never had ice cream for breakfast, but maybe the next time DH goes away I'll have some for breakfast.

Let's see . . . ice cream is dairy, cherries is fruit, nuts are a protein. Works for me! Might be better than loading up carbs for breakfast.