Thursday, August 28, 2008

My B-day, Bead Retreat + a BAT . . .


Tuesday, the 26th was my birthday. I celebrated with my friends here at home with a Bead Retreat. I made 3 bracelets!






I found out earlier in the day that when my son-in-law was getting ready to leave for work the morning of my birthday, that he spent almost an hour trying to get a bat out of the kitchen with a broom. Needless to say, he was not successful as it returned last night with a vengeance. I thought that I had prepared myself for another "bat experience" by having every conceivable light on in my quilting room. My common sense told me that the bat would not fly into the light, but this particular bat was hell bent on taunting me and was soon flying around in my quilting room and appeared to be diving for me, so I instinctively hit the floor. Now, this whole time, my husband is in his recliner in the living room armed with his FREAKIN' REMOTE and my son-in-law is taking batting practice in my quilting room where I am almost in tears, begging him not to hit it because I am afraid it is going to go rabid and bite me as I am not a moving target (I am paralyzed with fear, cowering on the floor, remember?). I finally was able to leave the room on my hands and knees where I quickly crawled to the foyer and the freakin' bat followed me! I am now verbally abusing my husband who is still in his freakin' recliner with the freakin' remote. Finally, the bat flew up the stairs to the second floor, so I started closing doors on the first floor so he wouldn't be able to come back down to get me. The guys said that they knocked it out with the broom and threw it out the back deck door - I didn't believe them . . . they'll say anything to shut me up.
I went to the doctor today to have my knees looked at since they took a beating last night with my frantic crawling - so now I am limping around, my blood pressure is up, and I've aged at least 5 years in one day, all because of a bat. Happy freakin' Birthday to me . . .

2 comments:

oliviaatc said...

OMG! It's not bad enough that I almost dropped my cousins lap top out of my lap and onto the floor from laughing so hard, but I think I almost wet myself. The only thing that would have been better was to actually be there in the quilt room, however, I would be laughing and of course helping...laughing and helping!

Anna said...

Let me start off by wishing you a happy birthday! As the mother of the son in law you mentioned, I should have told you that he was never that good with a bat! Despite the flying bat and ensuing chaos and mayhem that followed it sounds like everything is back to normal now....just one question though.....where's the freakin remote now???