Thursday, January 22, 2009

Finished another customer quilt!




Well, I have been working on a king size memory quilt for a friend! The quilt is backed with a really heavy flannel - the whole quilt is very heavy, it will surely keep the young man warm! She has had the top done for some time now, but was unable to quilt it on her domestic machine because of the size! I had to add the leaf to my new Studio Frame and extend all of the poles - man, both the table and the quilt are huge! We no longer have access to the dining room from the living room as the table is blocking the double doors, but that's OK because we don't use the dining room that much anyways, as a matter of fact, I have always dreamt of moving my sewing room into that room because of all the windows and natural light . . . I can only dream about it though as my family will never go for it!

1 comment:

Brenda said...

I laughed at your post!! I have a friend who sews in the basement. It is her and her husband, and they are older... I told her one day to move her stuff upstairs to the living room. More room, better light and why not???? It's what she does all day and it's more comfortable up there so what could be better??? Well, she told her hubby what I had said and you know his answer??? NO WAY!!!
Well, I came home and told my hubby! He just looked at me and said "I could see it happening" when I said that I could see me moving into the living room here when the kids are gone..... LOL!!! why not????? Either that, or make me the room on top of the garadge - sometimes you just need the space. And with your machine, you deserve it!! So - over the weekend, move it around so it's all yours!! ;-) lol!!