Sunday, January 4, 2009

Stash Report - Week 1

Well, depression is setting in! I was so excited to start this Stashbusting Challenge until I put it down on paper this morning... I am going the wrong way - I bought more than what I used - what the heck?#*! Well, on another note, I am working on a UFO (the Memory Quilt), so that is a good thing, and I have decided to back it with another UFO (this is beginning to snowball now...) and that UFO will have to have more blocks and borders added to it which will use more stash! So, all is not lost, and if I can stay out of the LQS this week, the numbers will look better next week!

Fabric added this week: 2.5 yards
Fabric added Year to Date: 2.5 yards

Fabric used this week: 2 yards
Fabric used Year to Date: 2 yards

Net Used to Date: <.5 yard>


This is a picture of the quilt I am going to use as a backing for the Memory Quilt

8 comments:

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

It is a good start to the new year - at least you ARE accomplishing something!!
Cheers! -Evelyn

Dianah said...

You are doing great! It is only a half yard difference. You can make that up in no time.

Dy

Vicki H. said...

You have a great start, I have been handquilting and not sewing. Happy New Year!

Granny said...

Depression? That's not what we're aiming for! Remember that some weeks will be better than other weeks. Really, stash busting is supposed to be fun. If busting the stash vs. buying fabric is causing any kind of depression or sadness, then forget about stash busting! Quilting is our hobby . . our escape from the troubles of the world. Don't let your hobby create problems for you. Do what feels good and right to YOU!

InfinityQuilter/Knitter said...

Don't be so hard on yourself. A couple yards isn't that bad (unless it's every week). I ended up buying more than I used last year, but it was my first time actually recording it. It'll get better!

Lori in South Dakota said...

Don't feel bad, we all buy fabric! And you're sewing, that is going to use up fabric!

Donna said...

You'll be in positive numbers before you know it. Wait a month or so and you'll start seeing some of us go triple digits in the hole. Just remember it's all in good fun.

Kathy said...

Don't be so hard on yourself. Being a 1/2 yard down is nothing! You'll in the positive in no time.