Friday, January 2, 2009

Working on a Memory Quilt

Well, it's the first day of the New Year and I am keeping my resolution of trying to finish UFO's. I have had this Memory Quilt that belongs to my sisters, friends, daughter for well over a year now . . . I started work on it today! It already was a quilt, but it was pretty poorly constructed ... none of the blocks were the same size, so I measured all of them and came up with the common denominator of 11 inch squares . . . below is a picture of all that I had to trim from the blocks to make them consistent
with the exception of the block below, it was the smallest, so I had to border it with the purple to bring it up to 11 inches!
The original quilt had Bob the Builder fabric as a backing and navy blue gabardine as the sashing. So I tore it all apart and I'm starting from scratch and making it appropriate for a girly girl!I hope to have more pictures/progress to report tomorrow as there are only 10 more blocks that need to be sashed!

No comments: