Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Reorganizing the Quilt Room . . .

Well, in case you have wondering where I have been since last week - I've been reorganizing my Quilt Room. Remember my post from May 31st? Well, I had to get those behemoth fixtures out of my living room and into the Quilt Room before my family caused me bodily harm. This necessitated my unloading the odds 'n ends of furniture I had in there and trying to find some sort of organizational plan to place them in the new fixtures. It did not go well. I loaded up one of the fixtures with books and all of the other paraphernalia we quilters have and proceeded to roll it from the living room into the Quilt Room - - CRASH!! It was not pretty, the pegs that held up one of the shelves fell out, of course, this was the shelf with a lot of my books on it. By the end of the second day, I was just stuffing shit crap stuff onto the shelves. Of course, I am telling myself the entire time that as soon as everything is in there, I will go through all of it - yeah, right, when pigs fly! Oh, and one more thing, I am going to have to go on a diet if I continue to work in this room as you can see by the pictures below, there is not much room to move around. There is about 18 inches between my cutting table and the 2 behemoth fixtures. I think that there was a method to my husbands madness when he purchased these things. I even have a little refrigerator to put in the room now to hold my liquid lunch Slimfast, wine coolers, Pepsi, but now there is no room for it! I wonder what I have done to deserve this?

I can barely use my table in the middle of the room as it is piled high with stuff I don't know where to put . . .

2 comments:

Candace said...

Hi, I was wondering if you could stack the 2 big white shelf units? Just a thought.

Sweet P said...

Wow! You have a full quilt room just like me!